Tips for Preventing Fraud
Here are some tips for protecting yourself against fraud:
- Never give information such as credit card numbers over the phone unless you know who you are doing business with.
- If you get a suspicious call asking for personal information, hang up and call a number you know that is genuine.
- If you get an email saying your account has been frozen or a payment has been made in your name, do not follow any given link. Look up the real website and sign on there.
- Exercise caution when opening email attachments.
- Shred any unwanted documents, old credit cards, and credit card offers before you throw them out.
- Regularly looking over bank statements will help you identify fraudulent charges.